WEB DESIGN PROJECT OVERVIEW
The SAGE Publications eCommerce/corporate site is an extremely large scale enterprise product, composed of thousands of pages. It was in need of a refresh, having remained essentially the same web design since 2006 with minor enhancements.
SAGE is a leading independent, academic and professional publisher, well regarded within the global publishing community. Yet during usability studies direct with its customers, it became apparent that the site didn’t reflect this – and the site didn’t function as they would expect.
Details on my build of the website:
- Usability studies and user testing of the existing site, then of proposed Axure wireframes.
- Multiple rounds of prototyping & testing to ensure optimal UX results.
- As part of a global team, we worked on the full stack: UI, back-end systems, legacy system integration, graphic design.
- This site is composed of thousands of pages (both static & dynamic), and integrates a variety of legacy systems.
- Stakeholders were part of a global team of key staff members, to be kept consistently in the loop.
- Existing Information Architecture (IA) was now examined through a UX lens and Personas.
- The site had to be responsive and play well with mobile devices.
The former site as it existed 2006-2015 (yes, it was shifted to the left as pictured):
Here is an early version Axure wireframe prototype:
A cleaner, more organized site with an emphasis on UX, IA, and Accessibility:
For SAGE, I also created maintained and enhanced a vast collection of corporate sites, online communities, scientific journals, social media, and microsites. My scope included: Branding, Email Campaigns, SEO, Analytics, Marketing, Project Management, Graphic Design, UX, Responsive Design, Usability & Beta Testing, Podcasts, WordPress, Alfresco, ATG, HTML, XML, CSS, Documentation & hand-off training.
Let’s work together on your next project
Contact me today and get the dialog started!